Sunday 14 July 2013

Eiga Sai 2013

When I first saw the huge tarpaulin of Eiga Sai (Japanese Film Festival) hanging on the ceiling of Edsa Shangrila, I immediately texted my friend Luthien and told her that we can't afford to miss this one because we already missed last month's French Film Festival in Greenbelt. 

Here's the huge tarp I'm talking about:

-

So yesterday, we headed to Shangrila together with our two other office mates, Adz and Nina to watch, Always Sunset on Third Street. 

Though the movie was quite long (150mins) and dragging in the beginning, it is one of the best foreign family dramas I have seen. The scene where Hiromi (Betty) was inside the train reading a chapter of the book Authentic Blue written by her sweetheart Chagawa was so heart warming, I found myself teary-eyed. 

Here's the message in that chapter:

The Dancer

"No matter how others may see you.. I know you. Though you talk like a shameless flirt. you dote on a stranger's child, cooking him curry rice.. You shed tears staring at an imaginary ring calling it beautiful. With each passing day, with each passing hour, the memory of your tears clutches my heart. I want to see you, all I want is to see you. Someday, I want to slip a real ring on your slender fragile finger. I want to fulfill the promise of your fleeting smile with genuine happiness. If only we two clumsy souls could have nestled our lives together. If only I could have lived my life, seeing your face, hearing your voice, my heart yearns for nothing else.."


You can watch the heart warming scene here:


Eiga Sai (the annual Japanese Film Festival) staged by the Japan Foundation Manila as part of the Japanese-Filipino Friendship month celebrations  has been shown here in the Philippines since 2011 and this is my first time to watch it. 

12 comments:

  1. It's good to know that you find time to relax after working hard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cha! It's been a while! And I a planning to update this blog often! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is truly a lovely treat for the soul! nice entry bless! keep on enjoying life! wooohoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ken! I miss reading your stories na! I miss you! :)

      Delete
  4. Ive tried this kind of festival.. korean week nga lang then.. it was their version of hansel and gretel.. ibang twist but still good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daveric, Really? I thought they only promote the French and Japanese festival here in the PH! Good to know they also feature Korean! :)

      Delete
  5. Good to know they have a jap festival now... Colorful culture to explore.. Nice entry bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed! Thanks david! The festival has been running for 3 years already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ça me plaît!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Confessions ung pinanood ko nun sa Eiga Sai. Try mo din un, maganda din ung story and may twist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh talaga? Yun din ata ang papanoorin namin eh.. pero alanganin sa sched. I guess, I'll just get a copy of it in the internet. :)

      Delete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...