Monday 29 June 2015

Biyaherong Beecabelle goes to Bacolod (Day 1 of 5)

Hallooo!!! I'm back and since today is a not so busy day might as well share with all of you my second solo trip in Bacolod last October 2014! :D

It's the time of the month again where we are given the mandatory time away (MTA) and since I have not done solo travel in the Visayas region, I decided to visit the amazing province of Bacolod.

If I remembered it right, my flight was delayed. I think it was past 4pm when I arrived in the new airport in Bacolod (Bacolod-Silay Airport). There were several L300 vans waiting in front of the airport that will bring you to the city proper. I think the fare is P150.

But since I am on a budget, I decided to ride the trike and bus in Talisay. Total damage. P55.



I stayed in a cheap pension house along Lacson Street (main road). Since I am alone in this trip and I will be spending my time outside, I decided to get a non-aircon room here in 11th St. Bed and Breakfast.



October is a special month here in Bacolod because they are celebrating the Masskara Festival. As you can see, 'may mga bandiritas na sa buong Lacson Street'.


Bacolod is also famous for their chicken inasal. So for my first dinner in the city, I went to their inasal place (Manokan Country) and ordered chicken pecho and baticolon (gizzard).



It's so tasty and juicy and also cheap. Perfect 'to with toyo at calamansi na sawsawan!


For dessert, I went to the famous dessert place, Calea and ordered this yummy mudpie.
 
That's it for my first day in Bacolod. Will share more of Bacolod in the next entries. Ciao!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...