Thursday 23 July 2015

Biyaherong Beecabelle Goes to Bacolod (Day 5 of 5)

My visit to Bacolod supposedly should last for 3 days only but because I really wanted to see the Masskara Festival, I extended my stay till Sunday in time for the Masskara Festival Street Dancing event.

The Masskara Festival is a festival held in Bacolod every third weekend of October nearest October 19, which is the city's charter anniversary.

According to Wiki, the word "Masskara" means mass (a multitude of people), and the Spanish word cara (face), thus forming MassKara (a multitude of faces). The word is also a pun on maskara, Filipino for "mask" (itself from Spanish máscara), since a prominent feature of the festival are the masks worn by participants, which are always adorned with smiling faces.

I was not quite lucky to witness the street dancing as I need to fly back to Manila in the afternoon. But I was able to take a lot of pictures from the parade.

Here it goes:


























Goodbye City of Smiles!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...