Monday 6 July 2015

Biyaherong Beecabelle Goes to Bacolod (Day 3 of 5)

On my third day in Bacolod, I visited the Mambukal Mountain Resort in the town of Murcia, Negros Occidental. It lies 1,200 feet above sea level and serves as a gateway to Mt. Kanlaon.


The resort was originally developed by a Japanese architect named Kokichi Paul Ishiwata in 1927. The resort started as a bath house and picnic garden and has provided cool haven for Negrenses and their guests.

Here are some of the things that you will see in the resort.

the map



 
fruit flying bats



 


Japanese Ofuro
 
The boating lagoon. Unfortunately, on the day I visited the resort, that weather is not so good. So boating is currently being prohibited.
 
The Ishawata Bath House

I probably would have trekked the 7 falls of Mt. Kanlaon had the weather been so good.
 
Some of the cottages that you can rent if you stay in Mambukal.

 
The entrance



I went back to Bacolod just in time for dinner. I think I ate at Lord Byron's Ribs and had pecan pie in Calea.

At 8pm, Lacson St. was already full of stalls and several stages were set in time for Electric Masskara.


Here are some of the pics from the event.










That's it for my 3rd day in Bacolod! More pics and videos in my last two days as the Negrenses celebrate the Masskara Festival! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...