Saturday 3 August 2013

2012 is my Hiking Year

Year 2012 is one of the most memorable years for me not only because I celebrated a quarter of a century that year but it was also during that year that I discovered my love for hiking. For that past year, I think I had 5 climbs, 4 of which are minor climbs in Batangas and another major climb in Tarlac. 

As a first timer, I did not have a hard time hiking. Probably because I'm skinny and can stand the scorching heat of the sun while climbing. I also play badminton regularly so my stamina is good and I don't have to catch my breath every time we arrive at steep parts of the trail. But I must admit, it was not always easy on the trail. There were times that my legs would become so wobbly that the only reasonable thing to do is to stop and rest for while. Nevertheless, hiking is still a fun activity and if ever time permits now, I would love to go back hiking and discover the beauty of our mountains. 

Just wanna share to all of you my fun-filled mountain climbing experience last year!


1) April 2012: Mt. Maculot Traverse (Rockies to Summit) - my first climb ever
--Cuenca, Batangas


I'm flying without wings! :)

There's Mindoro on the other side.. 

My favorite shot from my first ever climb. That's the Taal Lake at the back.. 

At 930 MASL, you will see a grotto..

And that's the view from Mt. Maculot Summit. So nice to see Batangas towns from that peak.. :)


2) June 2012: Freedom Climb at Mt. Damas - my first major climb
--San Clemente, Tarlac


Here's my all geared up picture taken at the summit


With my photog friends Ryan and Teovel.. :)

4am shot at the summit.. I love the early morning sky!

That's my fellow mountaineers and me enjoying the cold cold waters from the small falls.. so refreshing!

Here's another one



And because it is freedom climb, the group pic with the Philippine flag is in order.. :)



3)  August 2012: Mt. Manabu Fun Climb
--Sto. Tomas, Batangas


At the jump-off point

group picture before the climb

at Mt. Manabu's peak

with my friend Mckoy.. By the way, that's Mt. Maculot from afar :)

and our group picture before the descent


4) October 2012: Mt. Maculot Dayhike
--Cuenca, Batangas

Standing in one of those rocks of the Rockies


5) Mt. Batulao Dayhike
--Nasugbu, Batangas



posing before the summit assault

Camp 8 is the start to the summit assault

Bouldering.. easy!

Ahh the view of Mt. Batulao.. isn't that majestic? :)



I hope you enjoyed today's backpost! :)

1 comment:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...