Tuesday 6 August 2013

26th Birthday Celebration (Part 1)

I remembered last year, I was planning to have a birthday climb in celebration of my 25th birthday but due to inclement weather conditions, I celebrated my birthday with a photo walk in the city of Manila instead. 

As a treat to myself, I went around my college alma mater (UST) and reminisced the good old times I had with the institution. Then, I roamed around the walled city of Intramuros and enjoyed the old-world feel of the stoned floors and the 1600-ish old churches of San Agustin and Manila Cathedral. Seems not enough to end the day, I walked more and more until I arrived at Rizal Monument in Luneta. By night, I decided to meet my friends in SM Moa and had a mini celebration. 

Here are some of my shots from the photowalk I did a year ago. 









But this year, I celebrated my birthday with my family and a movie date with a friend. Because we did not have a concrete plan on where to eat, we ended up in North Park in TriNoma. Here are some of the highlights of the mini lunch out we had. 


my older brother who is also celebrating his birthday on the 29th and my nephew

 

with my younger brother

my jolly dad

the birthday celebrators

me and my younger brother and sister

my lovely mum

goofing around

and some of the food that we ordered:


Manchurian Calamares

China Chicken (roasted chicken)

North Park Chow Mien


others not in the photo: lechong macau, spring rolls, lapu-lapu and siomai for my nephew.

After lunch, I headed to Resorts World Manila to watch the block screening of Wolverine with my friend Julius. 

But before the movie starts (because we arrived early), we stayed for a while at Cafe Maxims for some coffee and tea. 


That's my Cafe Mocha with a nice latte art! 

okay and that's me smiling. hahaha 

I feel so old already!!! But this is one of the best birthday celebrations I had in years. Aside from the fact that I am not alone during this day, I thank God for all the downpour of blessings that He is giving me everyday! :-)



2 comments:

  1. charlene mercado6 August 2013 at 18:24

    Thank you for the lunch treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! :) hope you enjoyed the food! :D

      Delete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...